[Tfug] Virtual Keyboard

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Feb 22 08:42:10 MST 2008

Well - I was thinking, because there are a number of scan windows, and it
doesn't seem that it's just a matter of being in the path of the "h" key at
the right instance, that there seems to be more going on. It may be more the
intersection of the projected image and what appears to be the 2 lines of
sight towards that image. ?????

I may be completely wrong, I just haven't played with it enough, but the
fact that you can bring your hnd in and press a "y" which is in the scan
path of h, b and perhaps n, and only 'y' is triggered (not counting the
number row and the function key row, it seems like there's more
"triangulation" -the old surveyor that I was- going on.

> > I say, I haven't played much with it.  I was out the
> > day it came in, and I
> > got to get something else done first.
>
> What could *possibly* be more important than a new
> *toy*???  ;-)

Well.....

> > > Does it deal with multiple key presses?  (e.g.,
> > > Ctl-Alt-DEL, Shift-J, etc.)
> >
> > ???? I noticed it didn't have all the Function keys.
> >  Insetad it had some
> > funny "icon" like keys for the top row. I jst didn't
> > think about the
> > three-fingered salute.
>
> Or any *other* combinations where one key is
> "in the shadow" of another!

That's just it, that's why I think there is a "triangulation" going on, and
that implies a position specifically  defined in space rather than just
where it happens to fall on some arbitrary surface, like my fat finger on a
'7' being hit by the images for y,u,h,j,b,n,m and of course 'space-bar'

> --don

figuring the thing out is the fun part.