[Tfug] Where to start

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 6 15:02:37 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:45:44AM -0800, keith smith wrote:
> I have not looked at these in a while.  I'm thinking if you go
> through these two docs and do the exercises you will know more than
> most.

Years back, I used to always recommend Matt Welsh's "Running Linux" to
newbies.  But it's been quite some time and O'Reilly's quality has
suffered since then.  From a quick search on Amazon, it appears that
the latest version came out at the end of 2005 and that Matt's been
demoted to second author.  Has anybody reviewed it?  What's the
evaluation?

Claude