[Tfug] Video capture

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Fri Feb 1 18:19:23 MST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 3:25 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But, I have no idea how to get from video to
> "build a DVD"  :<

You'll need to convert your video files to DVD-compatible MPEG2, with
preferrably Dolby Digital AC-3 audio.  If you want a menu, you'll need
to build that.  Then you design an XML file that lays everything out.
Then run it through dvdauthor (which builds your VOB's).

I've attached an archive containing a few scripts I wrote to ease the
DVD building process.   To use them you'll need to install some or all
of the following programs (you can check the beginning of the script
to see which ones you'll need for that particular script):  dc,
mencoder, mplex, dvdauthor, mkisofs, pngtopnm, ppmtoy4m, mpeg2enc,
spumux, mpegdemux, ac3resync, ffmpeg.

I suggest building mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg from sources so you can
put in the most codecs and device support.  Also check out the
dvd-slideshow package.

As always, feel free to ask me for help with DVD authoring.. I'm
familiar with it.
Jeff