[Tfug] Video capture

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 13:22:51 MST 2008

Hi, Jeff,

--- Jeffry Johnston <tfug at kidsquid.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2008 3:25 PM, Bexley Hall
> <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > But, I have no idea how to get from video to
> > "build a DVD"  :<
>
> You'll need to convert your video files to
> DVD-compatible MPEG2, with

I'll need to look into the file formats that
the MPEG encoders expect -- since the *raw*
files that the VWS320 creates can be in any
*number* of formats  :-/

> preferrably Dolby Digital AC-3 audio.  If you want a

Audio is not an issue, presently.

> menu, you'll need
> to build that.  Then you design an XML file that
> lays everything out.
> Then run it through dvdauthor (which builds your
> VOB's).

OK.

> I've attached an archive containing a few scripts I

Attachments don't fare well on mailing lists!  :>

> wrote to ease the
> DVD building process.   To use them you'll need to
> install some or all
> of the following programs (you can check the
> beginning of the script
> to see which ones you'll need for that particular
> script):  dc,
> mencoder, mplex, dvdauthor, mkisofs, pngtopnm,
> ppmtoy4m, mpeg2enc,
> spumux, mpegdemux, ac3resync, ffmpeg.
>
> I suggest building mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg from

Not a problem.  I don't install *any* binaries that
I've not built by hand.

> sources so you can
> put in the most codecs and device support.  Also
> check out the
> dvd-slideshow package.
>
> As always, feel free to ask me for help with DVD
> authoring.. I'm
> familiar with it.

Thanks!

BTW, I have a "Mac->'VGA'" video adapter if you
need it (it's just a little *passive* widget that
diddles with the pinouts of the two -- Mac and
VGA -- connectors).  I've not found a "CMOS"
battery for you, yet, though...  :<

--don