[Tfug] keeping the FOSS spirit alive on a windows box

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Tue Dec 30 15:54:29 MST 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:[Tfug] keeping the FOSS spirit alive on a windows box
From: "Kyle Scofield" <KScofield at ecgrp.com>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 12/30/2008 03:24 PM
> http://www.vmware.com/products/server/
>
> VMWare server is quite free. I normally run it and then close the vmware server console and use rdesktop or vnc to get to the client. Works great.
>
> --Kyle

Keeping the debate over the freeness of andLinux and/or VMWare to a
minimum, I would be curious to know which has the smaller footprint? Has
anybody tried both? I use VMWare Workstation (which is really neither
free nor OSS) and VirtualBox (which is free and OSS but has lousy USB
and bridged network support) daily. They both charge a fairly
significant tax redeemable in CPU and Memory. How light/heavy is andLinux?

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.