[Tfug] Happy hour, this Thurs 1/1

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Dec 29 16:29:28 MST 2008

Kick off your New Year right by celebrating with TFUG!  This Thursday
is both the first day of 2009 and the first Thursday of the month!
And so, we'll be having happy hour as regularly scheduled.  It begins
at 6pm and runs until whenever they kick us out.

I've just updated the happy hour webpage
(http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rubinson/tfughh/) for the first third of
2009.  We've been enjoying Shooter's, so I'm thinking that we'll stick
there for a while.

Since there's been demand for a Happy Hour "Remix" on 5th Thursdays, I
also went ahead and assigned stubs for those dates.  What I'm thinking
is that I'll leave those dates open until somebody calls for them,
shotgun-style.  That is, I'm not going to be organizing the Remixes
but leaving that for others.  So, for example, if you'd like to have
happy hour elsewhere or if you'd like to host a BBQ or whatever, the
Remixes provide an open timeslot.  Of course, the Remixes can also
happen at Shooter's.  If you'd like to call a Remix, go ahead and
email me and I'll add it to the calendar.

And, as always, if you'd like to organize another happy hour-style
event, that's great too.  No need to stick with Thursdays, if they
don't work with your schedule.

Hope to see you Thursday!

Claude