[Tfug] [OT] Thinking about getting an online degree

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 17:05:56 MST 2008

Hi Eric,

It is hard to say how Corporate America looks at degrees.  I've always been fond of schools like the UofA.  However I had a friend who attended UofP then the UofA law school.

Had a coworker who obtained his BS from UofP and he seemed to do well.  At the same place our boss obtained his Masters from UofP and then left shortly there after for a better job.

I think which school you go to depends on your needs.

One recommendation I would make is not to concentrate on course work that is in a field you are already working in unless doing so is a requirement of getting ahead in that field.

One of the things you might think about is an online education will require that you be very disciplined.  If you think you will miss out on the classroom then you may want to consider another school.

At any rate getting more education can never hurt.

Keith