[Tfug] ubuntu

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Fri Apr 18 09:11:36 MST 2008

Perhaps that is your experience, but that doesn't make it a fact.

For example, my wife uses Ubuntu Gutsy for browsing, email, word
processing and grabbing and managing pictures from her digital camera
and she couldn't write a single line of code. She is perfectly happy
with the PC.

Similarly I set up the PC for her and installed the programs she needed
all without writing any code. In fact IMO installing and setting up
Ubuntu is a delight compared to installing and setting up Windows XP
(hours of Windows Update -> reboot -> Windows Update -> reboot).

So I believe it is possible to use some Linux distros for many common
tasks without writing any code.

My question is - what tasks do you want to perform in Linux? Perhaps if
you tell the list we can give you more assistance? Also which distros
are you looking to use?

Andy

--
Andy