[Tfug] ubuntu

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Apr 18 09:11:55 MST 2008

If you want to contribute to the development and extention of Linux, and
you are a self-professed non-programmer, you need to find a programmer (or
programmers) who will work with you to develop your additions.  Like an
architect working with a construction engineer to put up a building.  This
does not mean you can't use Linux, you just will have to work as part of a
team to extend Linux.

Jim

At 08:55 AM 04/18/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>Avoiding code is just not possible in linux.
>Code is Greek to me.
>
>I have tried code with ForTran, Pascal, Basic, VB, HTML, an obscure lang. for
>programming data loggers, and probably others I don't remember. I should know
>by now that I am not very good at code. Really, just can't do it. My mind
just
>doesn't work like that. So, ...
>
>There is no real way to get linux completely working without delving
>into code.
>Does this mean I am shut out of the world of linux? Disparaged as being a
>perpetual obstinate idiot newbie?
>
>I wish I could contribute, but what I would contribute is just not code.
>
>Michael

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |