[Tfug] Switches

William Stott WStott at ventanamed.com
Fri Apr 4 12:40:18 MST 2008

Here¹s a few:

Cisco 2960-24TT-L is a 24 port switch for branch offices.
Cisco WS-CE500-24TT is the Cisco Express 24 port switch with 2 10/100/1000
Uplink ports.
Juniper EX 4200-24P is the Juniper 24 Port 10/100/1000 PoE ports.

I do not know the costs offhand, but your email sounds like reliability is
important. I would not rely on anything else in a production environment
unless I absolutely had to. You did not mention a feature set so I did not
look at that. Also, it is important to note that you say that you are
looking at 16 port hubs. Hubs and switches are not considered the same to
me, and I would steer clear of hubs due to their limitations, lack of
reliability,  and network issues that they cause (i.e. Collisions).

Hope this helps,

Will