[Tfug] Switches

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:18:57 MST 2008

Hi,

OK, I've had two 10/100 switches fail on me in
the past 3 months.  :<  I can't believe there is
an *ineherent* failure rate this high in such
"fundamental" infrastructure components!  (though
I'll admit I've never tried to figure out why they
are so power hungry -- perhaps their choice of
technology?)

Can anyone recommend a good vendor/model?  I am
probably looking at 16 port hubs (so I can power
down the hub associated with little-used devices).
Preferably something that uses passive cooling to
eliminate the fan noise and associated reliability
issues.

THanx!
--don