[Tfug] Digital camera and USB-->Serial adapter

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 17:35:05 MST 2007

 I have a Kodak DC215 that I bought about 7 years ago and only used several times.  I have been wanting to use it however like you I do not have anyway to download the pictures.

 As I recall the serial download was not that slow.

 In my search I found this for your model:

 http://www.bestlaptopbattery.com/b.cfm/Digital-Camera/KODAK/DC210/Digital-Camera-Data-Transfer-Cable-.htm

 I think I will buy a replacement cable myself.

Earl <earljviolet at juno.com> wrote:
-- "Ryan Cresawn"  wrote:

>Transferring pictures off that camera with a serial cable will be very
slow.  If you intend to take photos with the camera with it
disconnected from the computer and then transfer them onto the
computer, I suggest you use a CompactFlash card reader.  They are
inexpensive, are much faster, and are simple to setup in Linux as the
CompactFlash card will be seen as a removable disk.

>Ryan

Thanks, I'll check that out.  My Dell laptop supports about n kinds of Compact flash cards and my camera takes the (n+1)th one.  :)

Earl

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith