[Tfug] Digital camera and USB-->Serial adapter

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Sun Sep 30 12:26:29 MST 2007

-- "Ryan Cresawn" <jrcresawn at gmail.com> wrote:

>Transferring pictures off that camera with a serial cable will be very
slow.  If you intend to take photos with the camera with it
disconnected from the computer and then transfer them onto the
computer, I suggest you use a CompactFlash card reader.  They are
inexpensive, are much faster, and are simple to setup in Linux as the
CompactFlash card will be seen as a removable disk.

>Ryan

Thanks, I'll check that out.  My Dell laptop supports about n kinds of Compact flash cards and my camera takes the (n+1)th one.  :)

Earl