[Tfug] Digital camera and USB-->Serial adapter

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 11:18:57 MST 2007

On 9/30/07, Earl <earljviolet at juno.com> wrote:
> I have a Kodak DC210 I would find convenient to use with my laptop.  No serial port though.  Does anyone know how the USB to serial adapters work with something like this?
>
> Earl

Transferring pictures off that camera with a serial cable will be very
slow.  If you intend to take photos with the camera with it
disconnected from the computer and then transfer them onto the
computer, I suggest you use a CompactFlash card reader.  They are
inexpensive, are much faster, and are simple to setup in Linux as the
CompactFlash card will be seen as a removable disk.

Ryan