[Tfug] Yet another poser

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Sep 18 15:04:38 MST 2007

> Unless someone can explain a real world application of a
> crossover cable using POE, I call BS. This sounds way too
> hypothetical.

I don't know - I'm just guessing that some pairs are dedicated to signals,
and the others to power, and that crossing a Tx with and Rx pair can be a
good thing for communications, crossing + with - or + with Tx is probably
NOT desirable.

real world crosssover - 2 pc's direct connected without a hub.  or GUI PC
direct connected to a controller where you don't want the slow down of the
rest of the world on some network chatter.

joe