[Tfug] Debian Firefox Youtube Slow

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Wed Oct 17 00:20:52 MST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 23:40, Charles R. Kiss wrote:
> If I have about four or five, or so, tabs sequentially opened, in
> Firefox, by Youtube, the videos start loading, not simultaneously, but
> one after another, say over a period of one minute, and things quickly
> become very slow.   And if I wait, and wait, and perhaps open another
> tab, things get even slower to the point of alomost comepletely hanging
> But Firefox is definitely still acting very slow in YouTube, (and maybe
> some other video storage sites -I'm not sure).

I have been seeing the same thing... on Youtube and other video sites. In
fact, rather than being slow, Firefox will completely freeze and become
unresponsive (have to forcefully kill it) while using 80-100% CPU. I think,
though have not been able to confirm, that this infact a problem with
Macromedia Flash... Seems something they did in their Flash player release
several months back has caused a looping condition and periods of poor
response. But I haven;t been able to nail down exactly what it is. So far I
haven;t caught anything immediately apparent doing straces on FF.

Adrian