[Tfug] Debian Firefox Youtube Slow

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:11:42 MST 2007

FreeBSD has a serious problems with Flash so maybe our experience can help
you.
The best solution is actually to snap the video with application youtube
-dl or clive.
You will get a file of the format .flv which can be seen with MPlayer and
VLC (No other application will
be able to open .flv file). The application clive has an additional
feature that enable you to
convert format .flv into something friendlier to other media players.

The adds on for Firefox that claim that can snap the video did not work
for me.

Gnash in FreeBSD behaves in the same fashion as flash plug in for Debian.
It is good for little flash.

Flash plug in (Linux of course since there is no native for BSD) works in
FreeBSD but
will completely freeze the browser on the sites with "too" much flush as
YouTube or
Google video.

Currently there is no way that you can play video games with lots of flash
on FreeBSD. I hope Debian is better
than us about that matter.

Sincerely,
Predrag

P. S. OpenBSD (which I have on one old Pentium III) sucks so badly with
things like that that is not even worthy of
trying to use it for something like that.