[Tfug] Linux+ASUS?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Thu May 31 16:33:22 MST 2007

FWIW,
      I have a Compaq with:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2
MX/MX 400] (rev b2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MSI GeForce2 MX400
Pro32S [MS-8817]
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
        Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0

The software is:

     *  x11-base/xorg-server
         Latest version available: 1.1.1-r5
         Latest version installed: 1.1.1-r1
         Size of files: 9,170 kB
         Homepage:      http://xorg.freedesktop.org/
         License:       xorg-server MIT

and it works. Older legacy machines, such as one that I have attempted to
get MythTV going on fail with this version of xorg-server & even more
recent versions. My impression is that Xorg is supporting newer hardware
configurations, and putting legacy hardware on the "back burner".

                                                                     Erich