[Tfug] Linux+ASUS?

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Mon May 28 18:45:39 MST 2007

Sean Warburton wrote:
> Does anyone have an ASUS motherboard? If so, did it come with Linux drivers?

You're lucky.  I just downloaded all the drivers for an Asus K8VX-SE
mobo and they are all windows.

I'm having the devil of a time getting that particular mobo to play well
with Debian.  I wanted to try to do a Myth TV install and the bloody
thing hates every Nvidia graphics card that I own.  ;-(

I've tried the FX 440, FX 5500, FX 4000 and even a couple of Trident
cards.  The only thing that works reasonably well is a Vesa driver.

I wanted to use it to be able to schedule all of the New Yankee Workshop
  showings on 6_4, PBS Create.

I have an older Asus K7 mobo that works just fine but this one has a
faster AMD cpu.

George Cohn