[Tfug] Linux+ASUS?

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Thu May 31 15:44:56 MST 2007

erich wrote:
> Yes,
>      I was able to pull up the site. Very interesting. There's a lot
> of material in the article Microsoft might not want the consuming
> public to know about. It wouldn't be the first time that arrange-
> ments between hardware manufacturers and Microsoft intended
> to "cut out" the open source community have occurred. With
> Vista, its on a much grander scale, however.

I finally got my Asus K8VX-SE board to play well with Debian Etch.  I
even got the Nvidia MX440 graphics card to work with the NV driver under
xserver-xorg.

But I'm not pleased.  It still seems to be a dog compared to the rest of
the K7 series Asus motherboards that I have.

So has Asus caved in to the MS monopoly?  If so, I certainly wont be
buying any more.

What's the best AMD based motherboard that folks have found recently
that plays well with Linux, Debian specifically?

George Cohn