[Tfug] exporting printer drivers to windows clients via cups & samba

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Tue May 29 15:55:34 MST 2007

Has anyone managed to get cups to export printer drivers to windows
clients through the samba "print$" share?

I've battled with this on and off for a while now. This is the
closest I've got to a lucid procedure, using the cups windows drivers
and the adobe generic ps driver: http://
www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsysm/article.php/3621876

I get to  "cupsaddsmb ..." and it just sits there for ages rattling
through /tmp trying to find a PPD file to copy into the shared
directory. I didn't let it finish, because the server needs to be on
the network, and I don't trust that it will work.

Is there a way to configure this stuff manually?

R.