[Tfug] Simple serial comm with a device

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Thu May 24 13:18:19 MST 2007

I forgot.

About a decade or 2 ago, I was using QNX2.  Now I'm still learning Linux
(fedora 5)

I think I remember just something like doing <ctrl-alt-2> to a QNX terminal
screen, and typing something like:

stty /dev/s1

or something.  That would direct the input/output of that terminal to the
desired serial port.

Then you could go to another terminal if you had to, and set baud rates for
the device.

I just can't remember how to do that any more.

I was looking through some of the Linux books and such, the web pages try to
get you to use microcom or some other app.

Anyway, does anyone do that, redirect one of the regular terminal's input to
a serial device?

Thanks

Joe