[Tfug] Bulk OpenOffice Conversion

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon May 28 20:23:25 MST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 07:45:32AM -0700, Jim Secan wrote:
> I need to convert a large number of ASCII data files (column format, space
> delimited) to OO Calc format, and from there to Excel format (customer is
> tied to MS products).  Far too many to use the GUI approach.  After some
> fruitless googling, I thought I'd ask if anyone has used, or know of, shell
> or python tools that can do this conversion from the command line.

Just came across an OOo macro called "Document Converter" that
purports to convert a batch of documents from any supported OOo format
into any other supported OOo format. It could, for example, be used to
convert a batch of OOo Writer documents into PDFs. Simple to use, with
an interface similar to OOo's AutoPilots.

Haven't used it, so can't speak to its functionality.

Claude