[Tfug] [tfug] Sun Ultra 5 UPA port?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 14:34:54 MST 2007

--- Jude Nelson <judecn at gmail.com> wrote:

> The funny thing is, there's no opening in the
> chassis for a UPA card to
> fit!  It's almost as if the previous owner put an
> Ultra 10 motherboard into

The U5 and U10 use the same "motherboard".
They differ in style of case and number of
disk drives (the U10 can handle 2 whereas the
U5 was only *designed* to hold 1 -- though you
can sneak a second one in if you are clever).
I suspect the OBP is the same (i.e. it will
probably support disk mirroring *if* you
crammed a second drive in).

> an Ultra 5 chassis.  I'm not sure if I can fit a UPA
> card into the
> system--I'm not sure how big they are.  I'll bring
> the box to the next
> meeting if you can bring a Creator3D card or
> similar, and we can try it out if you want.

Expect the worst... :>

--don