[Tfug] Hello

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 14 23:28:15 MST 2007

Quoting christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com>:
> Let me know if I'm overreacting about the university policing the software
> on a person's computer. Is it really the university's place to be doing
> this?

Yes, it is.  One, they are responsible for the network and two, the
internet is a dangerous place.  Especially for Microsoft software.
Telcom does everyone a favor by ensuring minimum patch levels.  Run
linux and the NAC policy won't apply to you.

The university wireless project also runs a UAPublic SSID that allows
campus guests to access basic Internet services, albeit at a rate
limited speed.  You can find detailed wireless info at
http://ccit.web.arizona.edu/index.php?id=wifi.

Your best bet for a BYOB meeting is a wired network port and a switch.
Wireless blows for heavy duty networking.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.