[Tfug] Hello

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:44:42 MST 2007

On 3/14/07, Brian Murphy <murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

> Quoting christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com>:
> > Let me know if I'm overreacting about the university policing the
> software
> > on a person's computer. Is it really the university's place to be doing
> > this?
>

> Yes, it is.  One, they are responsible for the network and two, the
> internet is a dangerous place.  Especially for Microsoft software.
> Telcom does everyone a favor by ensuring minimum patch levels.  Run
> linux and the NAC policy won't apply to you.

Well the way I understand it, they will apply to Linux eventually. I kind of
thought policing the software I run was like Cox policing the software I
run. What's the difference (I'm really asking here, not being rhetorical)? I
also thought that the UAPublic SSID would be phased out once WiFi is fully
implemented.

--
I worry about viruses like I worry about terrorists