[Tfug] Hello

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:05:19 MST 2007

> To Christopher:  what group are you referring to (if you are willing to
> share)?

Voices of Opposition among other now defunct clubs

> > > M'kay, how do we turn into a "university club"?

Elect a president, elect a treasurer,  draw up a constitution, submit
paperwork. That's pretty much the gist of it. For a loose group such as
this, that's really all just a formality. Once we do that, we can use room
scheduling to request rooms as a
club. The only real hang up is that we need the officers to
be students. I'm a student, so I could fill one of the roles, if there are
other students on the list, chime in. Again, considering we
probably wouldn't have any public campaigns (or would we?), club funds, or
other
bureaucratic responsibilities, all the officer stuff could just be a formality

The university WiFi project isn't really that far along, but all the worth
while places, the union, library, etc., do have it up and running. I don't
know how many of you are familiar the WiFi project, but it's supposed to
replace their old publicly available wireless network. Once it's in place
you'll need a UA netid to use their wireless network. That's the main reason
we might need to set up a wireless access point of our own. One of the
students could just set up the wireless access point, and then log into the
UA network with their
netid. I have done some research with my laptop, and as of now, at least in the
library, you can still log in w/o the netid.

On a side note, I kind of think the new WiFi policy is pretty messed up.
Here's a link to it
http://www.oscr.arizona.edu/computer_help/wireless Be sure to read the
part about NAC and
Let me know if I'm overreacting about the university policing the software
on a person's computer. Is it really the university's place to be doing
this?

Any way, if everyone wants to start a club, I can pick up the paperwork.
Who's in charge of TFUG any way? ~ Chris

--
I worry about viruses like I worry about terrorists