[Tfug] bash history duplication?

Jerry S. jerry57 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:09:15 MST 2007

if you are doing something like the following:
ls
cd downloads
ls
ls
ls
cd ../mail
ls

your history will look something like:
    68  history
    69  ls
    70  cd downloads/
    71  ls
    72  cd ../mail/
    73  ls
    74  history

Note that the back to back to back ls commands are not repeated in the
history, but do appear multiple times in the history.  HISTCONTROL only
stops back to back duplicates.

jer