[Tfug] *Way* OT: Swamp coolers, ACbrrs, etc.

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Tue Jun 19 10:55:21 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "tponsford" <>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] *Way* OT: Swamp coolers, ACbrrs, etc.

> I think Tucson was rated the 4th sweatiest city in the country (with
> Phoenix, numero uno!) no doubt due to the number of people who keep
> their evaporative coolers on even during the monsoons. Turning up the EC
> fan speed doesn't really help the cooling effort if your trying to dump
> more moisture into the already saturated air.

I say this sweatiest city list is a bunch of crap. Rather, it is a marketing
vehicle for Old Spice.

Methodology

The Sweatiest Cities rankings are based on computer simulations of the
amount of sweat a person of average height and weight would produce walking
around for an hour in the average high temperatures during June, July and
August of 2006 for each city.

 http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070618/aqm049a.html?.v=1

Notice that in the following Tucson is #24 in 2003 and 2004, but #3 in 2005

http://www.wftv.com/health/4619160/detail.html

It must be due to globule warming.