[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:26:58 MST 2007

On 6/7/07, Wafa Hakim Orman <wafa1024 at gmail.com> wrote:
> --> I just moved out of Tucson & the one thing I will NOT miss are the
> Indian restaurants. (I'm Indian & I could cook better than all of them with
> my eyes closed.) If you want _good_ Indian food, you'll have to drive to
> Phoenix, or Tempe, & then you will be spoiled for choice. (Start with Copper
> Kettle, Kohinoor & Pasand & work your way on.)
>
> However, my pick for the least bad Indian restaurant in Tucson would be
> Gandhi, on Stone & Ft. Lowell, for the buffet (it also helps that it's cheap
> & therefore decent value for money) & Sher-e-Punjab on 1st & Grant to order
> a la carte. Gandhi's a la carte is not too bad, it's just that most of the
> dishes taste identical.
>
> Wafa.

Thanks for your comments.  My partner, Jessica, and I are moving from
Toronto to Tucson in July.  She is visiting Tucson this week.  She ate
at Ghandi last evening and was dissatisfied.  We have enjoyed the
different ethnic neighborhoods in Toronto of which India Bazaar is our
favorite.  Our favorite restaurant is Udupi Palace.
http://www.udupipalace.ca/

It's a little disappointing to read that we'll have to drive to
Phoenix for good Indian food, but your advice is appreciated
nonetheless.  What about Asian markets in Tucson?  Are there any that
have the ingredients you need for cooking with a blindfold?  |-)

Ryan