[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Wafa Hakim Orman wafa1024 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:47:40 MST 2007

Ryan Cresawn wrote:

>You got it right.  Indian as in the south Asian country India.  Thanks
>for the advice on India Oven; however, it doesn't seem to rate well
>online.  Have you eaten there recently?

--> I just moved out of Tucson & the one thing I will NOT miss are the
Indian restaurants. (I'm Indian & I could cook better than all of them with
my eyes closed.) If you want _good_ Indian food, you'll have to drive to
Phoenix, or Tempe, & then you will be spoiled for choice. (Start with Copper
Kettle, Kohinoor & Pasand & work your way on.)

However, my pick for the least bad Indian restaurant in Tucson would be
Gandhi, on Stone & Ft. Lowell, for the buffet (it also helps that it's cheap
& therefore decent value for money) & Sher-e-Punjab on 1st & Grant to order
a la carte. Gandhi's a la carte is not too bad, it's just that most of the
dishes taste identical.

Wafa.

--
"So be it."