[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Mon Jul 9 17:33:15 MST 2007

Rich wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2007, at 2:34 pm, Jon wrote:
>

>> Not spammers! Oh my! C'mon. Things like this happen. Spammers
>> deliberately end up on a network like that by procuring services or
>> by means like malware/viruses on innocent machines. I'm sure if you
>> ran that business area though you'd have it shaped up in no time at
>> all.
>>
> We're talking about the ORIGINATING domains for the spam; not some
> poor innocent Windows user or open relays. Godaddy refused to take
> those originating domains down.
>

>> And like Wikipedia hasn't had their share of bad publicity in the
>> past:
>> http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-11-29-
>> wikipedia-edit_x.htm.
>>

> What has that to do with Godaddy refusing to take down spammers'
> domains? Red herring perhaps?

It was really a suggestion that making snap judgments regarding someone
else's experiences should be taken as only a small part of a good
evaluation. If you used your methodology to evaluate something of
greater importance in a large corporation and had to back your results
you'd be laughed out of the company.

People get sick all the time in fast food establishments. Everything
single company and location. You gonna stop eating there if you hear
about one person getting the poo poos?

Why contact GoDaddy regarding spam? The network it resides on should be
the only organization involved. And to be honest, if you have time to
sit and report spam at such a low level you have too much time on your
hands. Null route and move on :)

> Anybody would think you're involved with Godaddy in some way... whois
> flatwan.net... whois cactushosting.com

Yup, myself and the majority of the free world use them so yes I must
work for them. Thanks for blowing my cover!

--
Jon
"The Official GoDaddy Disciple"

P.S.