[Tfug] Install problem

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Mon Jul 9 11:19:32 MST 2007

Don -
Thanks for your help. I figured I may have complicated things by adding a
second HD between the first and second install. The original setup which
worked fine had a single SATA drive. (This is my first experience with
SATA.) When I did the second install there was a second PATA HD in the
system. I was careful to perform the install on the original SATA drive
(there was no unpartitioned space on the PATA drive). The PATA drive will
eventually come out after I have copied all the data off of it. Given this
configuration, I'm not sure which is drive 0 and which is drive 1. I could
pull the PATA drive before making a third attempt but there is an advantage
to having it in there so I can boot from it also. (Which grub currently is
allowing.)

- Don