[Tfug] getting away from windoze

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:32:36 MST 2007

Has anyone tried mplayer with mplayer-plugin? I used to use that all the
time, before I got Kaffiene working the way I wanted to.

Alternatively, you could try vlc, which has rpms and tars for most Linux
distros.

-Chris

On 1/6/07, bryann <brymelvin at melvinart.com> wrote:

>         SNIP"
>          there.  I have Ubuntu as the main distro for the wife, and the
>         laptop next to it has windoze, in case she feels she just has to
>         see a .wmv on CNN.
>         SNIP
>
> FWIW I AM looking at cnn wmv's on Ubuntu. Also using Coreldraw and MS
> office when I need to.
>
> I have Crossover set up with ie6 +windows media player and Firefox
> windows version 1.5x set up with Realplayer 10 plugin.
>
> To Save hassle setting up OOo 2.1 on Ubuntu I am temporarily using 2.1
> for win with Crossover beta. As we do graphics work I don't want to get
> bit by this weeks wmf vulnerability in Ubuntu's 2.02 although that is
> not much of a risk probably.
>
> Bryann

Chris Robbins
Systems Programmer
Department of English - University of Arizona
http://www.homerengineeringcorp.net