[Tfug] getting away from windoze

bryann brymelvin at melvinart.com
Sat Jan 6 17:24:59 MST 2007

        SNIP"
         there.  I have Ubuntu as the main distro for the wife, and the
        laptop next to it has windoze, in case she feels she just has to
        see a .wmv on CNN.
        SNIP

FWIW I AM looking at cnn wmv's on Ubuntu. Also using Coreldraw and MS
office when I need to.

I have Crossover set up with ie6 +windows media player and Firefox
windows version 1.5x set up with Realplayer 10 plugin.

To Save hassle setting up OOo 2.1 on Ubuntu I am temporarily using 2.1
for win with Crossover beta. As we do graphics work I don't want to get
bit by this weeks wmf vulnerability in Ubuntu's 2.02 although that is
not much of a risk probably.

Bryann