[Tfug] DynDNS howto

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:24:11 MST 2007

> Sorry, this was a general statement.  Apparently some ISP's do not want
> you to run server applications and block certain ports.
>
> I was saying that Qwest does not block ports, at least if you are using
> one of their partner ISP's that do not restrict your usage.

Funny, I thought Qwest was the ISP. I guess they may have rights
to the phone line, and just direct the traffic to the ISP, who takes
care of things like dns, ip addresses, port blocking, etc. I think
the person on the list who works for simply bits might best be
able to clear this up. I'd still be interested who my isp is, if cox
is just the guy whose line I connect to. Maybe they run both
services

> Naturally you have to configure the DSL router to forward the
> appropriate ports to your internal network.

Again, maybe cox runs both services. I don't know if you were
following me and Predrag's discussion, but I wasn't able to log
in to my modem the way he did.

FWIW, my modem is a terayon tj715x, if you know how to log
into it and configure it.

--
Q: What did the zen buddhist say to the hotdog vendor?

A: Make me one with everything ~ Dr. Jonathan Katz