[Tfug] DynDNS howto

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sun Aug 26 20:59:01 MST 2007

christopher floess wrote:
> .
>
>>I think this is more of an ISP factor rather than Qwest doing it on
>>their routers.
>

> Ok, now you've confused me. Isn't Qwest the isp and the router?
> Or are you talking about Predrag's router?

Sorry, this was a general statement.  Apparently some ISP's do not want
you to run server applications and block certain ports.

I was saying that Qwest does not block ports, at least if you are using
one of their partner ISP's that do not restrict your usage.

Naturally you have to configure the DSL router to forward the
appropriate ports to your internal network.

I've done it on Qwest DSL using various brands of routers, Efficient
Speedstream, Actiontec, and even the Cisco 2600 commercial router.

George Cohn