[Tfug] Opera, Firefox, IE, etc.

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 09:09:46 MST 2007

Do any of you know what it is that's different between Opera and Firefox and
IE that makes the
websites that say "This website is best viewed with Internet Explorer or
Firefox" display stuff badly
in Opera, or not even functional at all under opera?

Gmail is a good example of this. For the longest time now I've had most of
the functionality, but
officially it's not supported, and some of the stuff in the "Chat" bar isn't
displayed right, while
turning  chat off makes opera crash. Of course there are other sites too,
and I was just curious
about why this is because it's annoying. Hopefully there's a somewhat short
answer.

And further, why isn't opera more popular. I know it doesn't have much of
the market share, and
that's why people don't cater to it when they make their websites, but
Firefox just seemed to come
out of nowhere, and now everybody raves about it like they invented tabbed
browsing or something

~ Chris