[Tfug] Audio/Video woes

Paul Vandine paulv22 at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 17:00:00 MST 2006

Ok,

1st I am no Linux newbie, installed my 1st after doing a blind ftp from
Sunsites, to 12 5 1/4" floppies.  At that time there were maybe a dozen
folks I could get help from in Tucson.  That was fun.  I have since
explored 10+ different distros.

I will have to agree, blowing away a distro because 1 thing doesn't work
is ridiculous.  I do consulting mainly on Windows machines, and I have
seen and heard the lazy consultants who do an OS reinstall if there is
any problem whatsoever.  I agree with Stephen. As I have a good resource
in this list, I decided to take the easy way out and no dig through
forum after forum to possibly find the answer.

Sorry if it has inconvenienced anyone on the list who had to read my
posts and shake their head in disgust.  I do that sometimes myself.

Peace

Paul
http://www.circlepknives.net/