[Tfug] FS: Proliant DL580

Jeremy courier at hologramtech.net
Thu Sep 21 00:06:16 MST 2006

$160 OBO takes the following:

Compaq (HP) Proliant DL580 Rackmount Server

Quad Pentium III Xeon 700mhz Processors (4x700mhz, 1mb cache each)
512mb RAM
1x 15K RPM 18.2gb Wide Ultra3 SCSI Hard drive
Hotplug SCSI Backpane + Compaq Smart Array RAID Controller
10/100 NIC
PCI Remote Management Lights Out card (with additional ethernet port) included
(though only has been tested in an M$ environment.)
Redundant hot swappable power supplies for maximized uptime and reliability!

Support/drivers/software (including the amazing HP SmartStart suite) is still
being provided by HP

Previously was running Windows Server 2003 flawlessly with a Windows XP VMware
install, however this is now running a default CentOS 4.3 "Server" (aka RHEL..
ahem.. cough.. etc). If you have a major preference for another distro and youre
not sure you can handle the install yourself, I'm open to suggestion. This is a
4U rack, has pretty blue and green leds(!), lots of hot swap goodness, weighs
approximately 70lbs, and can be rackmounted with additional rollers, or just put
it on a desk/floor/whatever. There is some bending in a couple places of the
faceplate and inventory stickers on the upper portion of the case, but this is
only cosmetic. Everything works great.

Further info may be found at
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantdl580/advantage1.html

Pics and CentOS dmesg are up @ http://hologramtech.net/dl580/

thank you,
Jeremy
email me off list or just give me a call.. leave a message if no answer
520-237-9519