[Tfug] wdm on Debian woe

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 12:51:38 MST 2006

anybody use the WDM (display manager) on Debian or a
derivative?

I am running it on Mepis and it runs okay; but I
cannot figure out how to run some personal dot file as
my window manager opens. The customary way to do this
is to create a file called
~/.xsession
that runs my favorite junk and then the last line says
something like:
exec /path/to/Xclients

but none of that seems to be available on the Debian
port; and the Xclients file doesn't exist anywhere.

Thanks for thinking about it.

-Neil

======
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are truth, and his ways are justice; and he is able to bring low those who walk in pride.
Daniel 4:37