[Tfug] Rob Levin died. -on wikipedia deletion list

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 12:10:01 MST 2006

Here is Occam's razor

Occam's razor states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating, or "shaving off," those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. In short, when given two equally valid explanations for a phenomenon, one should embrace the less complicated formulation. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae (law of succinctness):
 In this case I would jump over Occam's razor and do a good investigation.  If he was killed it may come out.  If an accident we may come to know that.

Keith

Christopher Robbins <robbinsc at gmail.com> wrote: On 9/17/06, johngalt  wrote:

> From: "Robert Hunter"
> >> Same here.  I am sure that lilo was very careful in his riding, but
> >> just
> >> look around the U of A area, I am very surprised we don't have more
> >> hit
> >> and runs here.
> >
> > Has foul play been ruled out?  Maybe I am just a conspiracy nut, but
> > it wouldn't be completely unreasonable, considering his high profile
> > and the possibility that there may have been people who wanted to
> > harm him.
>
> Why would some one want to harm him?
>
> In other news:This article is being considered for deletion
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Levin

(whistles) A day after his death and they're already working to get rid of
his article on Wikipedia.  It's as if people want to get rid of any memory
of him at all, even if he was the creator of freenode.

Seems a bit fast to me...

Applying Occam's razor would invalidate any conspiracy...Probably just a
hit-and-run.  But still makes one wonder - did that many people REALLY hate
Rob Levin?

-Chris

--
Chris Robbins