[Tfug] DakotaCom and Gain Merger

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sun Sep 10 12:52:17 MST 2006

In the modern corporate world, there is no logic or security.

Three years ago, I got outsourced from a local non-profit after 28 1/2
years of service.

Now the outsourcing company is looking into outsourcing us to someone else.

On Tuesday, they called my upper level manager at home, 1/2 hour before
he was due to come into work and told him not to bother.  ;-(

And they don't understand why all of the techs are shopping their
resumes around.  When one leaves, the position is filled with a temp
from an agency.   When the temp contract expires, they just bring in
another temp.

Anything to make the bottom line look good to the stockholders seems to
be the mantra of today.

George Cohn