[Tfug] DakotaCom and Gain Merger

john galt johngalt1 at uswest.net
Sun Sep 10 11:44:13 MST 2006

From: "Steven Bowers" <steveb7 at bblabs.net>
> Sprint sold its customer base to a company called Kite
> Networks. Sprint
> still owns the spectrum in which they operate, the tower
> sites and the
> network operations center. Customer and Technical support
> is now run by
> Kite Networks.

If this is the case, perhaps it would be better to say
Sprint outsourced its customer and technical support.

I question the "sold its customer base" statement. As a
Sprintbroadband subscriber, my monthly fees contunue to go
to Sprint. sprintbroadband.com still exists. There was a
time where they ceased selling to new customers. However, if
someone wants it, new customers can get sprintbroadband now
in Tucson.

> Initially I was not happy about being laid off. My anger
> grew worse when
> I learned that the person who made the selections did so
> based not on
> seniority or job performance, but on who she liked within
> the company.
> My anger turned to rage when I learned that certain
> persons had been
> reprimanded, and others suspended, just weeks before I was
> laid off.

LOL. Not to make fun of your situation, but that I used to
be naive like that once.

Thank you for the information. That was interesting.