[Tfug] DakotaCom and Gain Merger

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 20:58:29 MST 2006

I'll probably get flamed for this, but it's purely empirical evidence.

I've had Qwest Residential DSL (originally azstarnet, or did they go
before dsl came out?) since it first came out (around 99, give or take
a couple)?  Even though their techs typically take a few trys to get
something working, I've been happy with the reliability.  I estimate
that I have maybe one outage per year.

I think I do have a pretty good line, which is probably just luck due
to my location (house around Kenyon and Pantano, built about '64).

Even though there are plenty of things to complain about Qwest, my DSL
stays up, which is good because I work at home.

Also, they refused to sell my cell phone records to the government,
which makes up for a few flubbed tech calls, in my book ;)

-- Chad