[Tfug] Wootness! Etch + KDE + Xgl + Compiz + NVIDIA working!

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:24:15 MST 2006

On 10/30/06, der.hans <TFUG at lufthans.com> wrote:
> Pretty cool, but a little slow on my laptop. I'll try desktops when I get
> time to restart X on them.

Yeah, I ended up buying a new video card for my desktop.  I got a
Geforce 7800 GS, and it's doing great.  Not that expensive either.

> Do you have any pointers to documentation on the controls? I didn't see
> anything on the beryl project site.

No, I just resorted to the time-honored tradition of clicking on every
avaliable option in the config window for Emerald and Beryl.  There's
a lot of stuff there, some of it I'm still not sure what it does (like
blur).