[Tfug] Wootness! Etch + KDE + Xgl + Compiz + NVIDIA working!

der.hans TFUG at LuftHans.com
Mon Oct 30 11:11:37 MST 2006

Am 27. Oct, 2006 schwätzte Chad Woolley so:

> Me too, woohoo.  I've got Etch running Nvidia/Beryl/Emerald on dual
> 24" flatscreen monitors with Twinview, at 1920x1200 on each monitor

Mmmm. Dual 24" displays? Sounds great :).

Using info pointed at from the link Brad posted I got Beryl working after
upgrading to Edgy last night. It was pretty easy and only took a few
minutes.

Pretty cool, but a little slow on my laptop. I'll try desktops when I get
time to restart X on them.

> Beryl/Emerald isn't just eyecandy (although the eyecandy is stunning)
> - it's got a lot of functional stuff packed in there.  Complete
> comprehensive control over your hotkeys, desktop, window manager and
> workspaces.

Do you have any pointers to documentation on the controls? I didn't see
anything on the beryl project site.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Sysdamin Days Phoenix, 6-7 Nov, now with edu discount  https://LOPSA.org/
#  If it's not a toy you're looking at it wrong. -- der.hans