[Tfug] Wootness! Etch + KDE + Xgl + Compiz + NVIDIA working!

der.hans TFUG at LuftHans.com
Mon Oct 30 22:07:06 MST 2006

Am 30. Oct, 2006 schwätzte Chad Woolley so:

> On 10/30/06, der.hans <TFUG at lufthans.com> wrote:
>> Pretty cool, but a little slow on my laptop. I'll try desktops when I get
>> time to restart X on them.
>>

> Yeah, I ended up buying a new video card for my desktop.  I got a
> Geforce 7800 GS, and it's doing great.  Not that expensive either.

Free Software drivers work?

Not that I'm getting a new video card for the laptop :).

>> Do you have any pointers to documentation on the controls? I didn't see
>> anything on the beryl project site.
>
> No, I just resorted to the time-honored tradition of clicking on every
> avaliable option in the config window for Emerald and Beryl.  There's
> a lot of stuff there, some of it I'm still not sure what it does (like
> blur).

http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz

The German version of the page has some information I don't see on this
page, but doesn't have the descriptions for the different config options.
Good that I can read both languages :).

<ctr>-<alt>-<left_click>-<drag> to rotate the cube by hand.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Sysdamin Days Phoenix, 6-7 Nov, now with edu discount  https://LOPSA.org/
#  "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
#  are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
#    --Albert Einstein