[Tfug] Language choices

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 01:36:10 MST 2006

Hi, Mike,

--- Mike Fitzgibbon <mikef at lpl.arizona.edu> wrote:

> I've been reading this exchange but I still am not
> sure exactly what you are looking for.

See "tablet press" example I just wrote...

> It seems that you might be wanting either scripting
> language to glue together your apps or build your
> our mini-language, or a script engine that you can
> embed into your app.  If

Once I have a language, I can deal with getting it
into my application framework.  Thats relatively
straightforward...

> so, you might want to concider TCL, originally
> designed to be a glue language.  It has more

Hmmm... good point.  I may have let my personal
"dislike" for it push it out of my mind in this
case (despite the fact that I use tk in Inferno-land)

Thanks!
--don