[Tfug] Language choices

Mike Fitzgibbon mikef at lpl.arizona.edu
Mon Oct 30 00:44:35 MST 2006

Don,

I've been reading this exchange but I still am not sure exactly what
you are looking for.  It seems that you might be wanting either scripting
language to glue together your apps or build your our mini-language, or a
script engine that you can embed into your app.  If so, you might want to
concider TCL, originally designed to be a glue language.  It has more
syntactic cruft than you seem to want, but it is Open Source (BSD, if that
makes a difference) and you can rewrite the syntax (or build a
mini-language with the syntax you prefer.  For a resource constrained
final environment, I would suggest basing it off of version 7.4 or eTcl.

Links:
  http://www.tcl.tk
  http://wiki.tcl.tk
  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894&package_id=10452